Did you know you need a memory card when you buy a Digital Photo Frame ~ Digital Photo Frames

Friday, December 21, 2007

Did you know you need a memory card when you buy a Digital Photo Frame

A lot of folks are going to get this digital photography frame home and give it as a gift. Those folks who get this gift are going to have to immediately go out and get more memory for the digital photo frame. Save your favorite person some time, get them a memory card with the digital photo frame!

I learned this the hard way. I also learned that you don't need the biggest memory card out there either.

I recommend 512k to 1 GB SD card. That will run you anywhere from $12.99 to $19.99.

When they receive it and say I have 8 thousand photos there is no way they will fit on there. Remind them that they need to reduce the size and quality of each photo. So a 10 megapixel camera's photo that's 10 MB (megabytes) should be compressed to a file that is somewhere around 50 k (kilobytes).

For those of you who don't quite get all the computer talk, let me make it simple. I have a 10 megapixel camera I have 7,000 digital photos. I have fit every one of those photos and 5 cd's worth of music on 1 gigabyte SD card.

To top that off I fit 7,000 photos on a 512k micro SD card without the CD's on another frame. If I can do it you can too. I will make sure and explain how in a future post.