3 Digital Photo Frames Reviewed ~ Digital Photo Frames

Friday, December 21, 2007

3 Digital Photo Frames Reviewed

First Impressions:

Audiovox DPF700
The Audiovox cost $200. It had multiple frames and just looked classy when I saw it displayed for the first time. It wasn't clear from the box but I am hoping it has some type of power saver feature (some timer or some way to not have it display pictures all the time). This unit looks like it comes with a remote control

Venturer DPF811SE

This one looks nice. It came with 3 covers. This was a gift from my good friend. It did not come with a remote control. It also appears as if this Digital Photo Frame only reads one type of media. Plastic frame surrounding screen is average.

Insignia DPF10A

This unit comes in a white frame which may be hard to match with many things but I do have several mac's and a white fireplace so I am thinking it will look good there. I could also see this working in a kitchen or bathroom. It does have a remote and it looks like it has some advanced features.

I will be reviewing each of these in more detail individually. From my research on CNET.com and some other web sites, it did not appear as if the non-name brand models were reviewed. I know that Kodak makes a good frame but what about the lesser known makes.

Hopefully this will help a few readers on there quest to get a Digital Photo Frame, the hottest gift other than a GPS this 2007 Christmas.